Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Britney Spears Fantasy Fragrance

Recently, my mom gave me a bottle of Britney Spears Fantasy Perfume as a gift. I have had the other three perfumes from the Fantasy line for a while but not the original…until now of course.
The bottle may look large in this photo but it is actually only 15ml. It is so tiny and looks very cute on my perfume tray next to the bigger ones.

It has the same gorgeous bottle style as the other Fantasy fragrances. The background is a medium pink colour and the jewels are a light green. The colour combination makes me think of Strawberry-Kiwi and reminds me of summer.

Unlike the larger sized bottles, this perfume does not have a spray nozzle. Once the lid is removed there is a small opening at the top of the bottle. With my finger placed securely over the opening, I tip the bottle slightly and dab a bit of perfume onto my wrist, neck, etc. Some may view this applicator as a downside but I don’t mind it. I actually like how I can control the amount of perfume that I want to apply. In the long run it will be less wasteful.

At $10 for 15ml it does seem a bit expensive since in the past I have purchased 50ml bottles of the other Fantasy fragrances on sale for less than $20. However, I think of the tiny bottle as a collectible so the price is not a huge deal. I do hope to get a full-sized version some day as well.
Now onto the scent. It’s perfect for someone like me who enjoys very sweet scents like Aquolina’s Pink Sugar (I will probably do a scent comparison post about Fantasy and Pink Sugar in the near future).  This fragrance includes notes of red lychee, golden quince, exotic kiwi, cupcake accord, jasmine petals, white chocolate orchid, creamy musk, enchanted orris root, and sensual woods.
The scent is pleasant and probably the sweetest smelling fragrance in the Fantasy line. For me it falls into the same category as Circus Fantasy—energetic, fun, girly, and youthful without being juvenile.
Be careful not to apply too much of the fragrance as it can easily turn from delicious to sickeningly sweet. One or two spritzes (or dabs in the case of this mini bottle) are more than enough.
As far as I know, Fantasy is still in production and is very easy to find. I have seen it at Sears, the Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Wal-Mart, and many other stores and online retailers. For more information on this fragrance and other perfumes produced by Britney Spears, check out: http://www.britneyspearsbeauty.com/
My rating: 4.5/5
Read my other Britney Spears Fragrance Reviews:
Midnight Fantasy: http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-new-favourite-winter-fragrance.html
Hidden Fantasy: http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/2011/03/britney-spears-hidden-fantasy.html
Circus Fantasy: http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/2011/03/britney-spears-circus-fantasy-fragrance.html
*click photos to enlarge*
fantasy1fantasy2

No comments:

Post a Comment